MSP® Foundation & Practitioner
IT Service Management
IT Governance & strategy
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes)
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide on Programme Management. The guide comprises a set of Principles and a set of Processes for use when managing a programme. The Managing Successful Programmes(MSP) guidance explains the programme management principles, governance themes and transformational flow that should be applied to the management of programmes or transformational change in any environment.
MSP® represents proven programme management good practices in the successful delivery of transformational change, through the application of programme management. MSP® defines programme management as 'the action of carrying out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier or projects and transformational activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business'. MSP is very flexible and designed to be adapted to meet the needs of local circumstances.
The MSP framework is based on three core concepts: MSP Principles: These are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change MSP Governance Themes: These define an organization's approach to programme management. They allow an organization to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organization structures and controls, giving the best chance for success MSP Transformational Flow: This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes and benefits.
Benefits for Individuals:
- Utilize best practice in programme management to successfully deliver transformational change.
- Carry out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformation activities to achieve outcomes and realize benefits of strategic importance to the business.
- Manage the transition of the solutions developed and delivered by projects into the organization's operations, whilst maintaining performance and effectiveness.
- Encourage realistic expectations of the organizational capacity and ability to change.
- Lead business transformation accommodating high levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
Benefits for Organizations:
- Align corporate strategy, delivery mechanisms for change and the business-as-usual environment.
- Continually monitor progress, assess performance and realize benefits.
- Apply a common framework of understanding for all programmes.
- Add value by focusing on benefits.
- Encourage feedback in order to refine future strategies based on evidence from programmes
MSP® Certification Roadmap:
The MSP Qualification Scheme has been developed to offer a tiered examination structure with basically two levels of qualification:
MSP® Practitioner Re-Registration
All MSP® Practitioners should be re-registered within 3-5 calendar years of their original certification. Find out more about the MSP® Re-Registration Examination.